The 8186 is a weatherproof SIP compliant IP horn/loudspeaker for voice paging, loud ringing, and emergency/safety/ security notification and alerting. The speaker is PoE and does not require an additional amplifier. Common application environments include warehouse, factory (e.g., OSHA), production floor (e.g. food and beverage processing), utility plant, machine shop, garage, parking lot/outdoor yard, school playground and gymnasium, farm, bus or train terminal, etc.
Wideband G.722 codec (HD voice) support in the speaker provides optimum speech clarity and intelligibility. Voice paging and emergency announcements can be easier to understand with wideband, particularly in a noisy environment. The wideband capability of the horn speaker improves STI-PA intelligibility scores, which is important in meeting NFPA 72 requirements and the NEMA SB-40 2010 standard for emergency communication in education.
The 8186 speaker registers as a third party SIP endpoint with all leading premise or hosted UC providers. For multiple speaker deployments, additional devices do not require a SIP license. A single registered speaker can be configured to multicast to any number and mix of additional Algo speakers, strobes and/or paging adapters as required, providing cost-effective scalability using a minimum of network traffic. For multicast page applications, zoned paging is supported as a SIP extension or as a keypress selectable zone.
Algo 8186 Features:
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice
- Multicast send or receive capability for cost effective scalability - mix with any number and variety of Algo speakers, strobes and paging adapters for more comprehensive PA and alerting solution requirements
- Supports RTP multicast, in addition to Polycom Group Page, InformaCast (part no. 8186-IC) and Syn-Apps Revolution
- SIP compatibility with all leading UC vendors including: Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Digium/Asterisk, Mitel, Metaswitch, NEC, Polycom and Yealink to name a few
- Configurable through web interface
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS). Also supported: TLS & SRTP (secure SIP signalling and media), SIP over TCP (allows increased packet size over UDP), DNS SRV Record, and CDP/LLDP automatic VLAN assignment.
- SNMP supervision or via the Algo 8300 Controller
- Internal memory of 1GB for uploading custom WAV files or recorded messages for notification alerting. Pre-loaded with several ring tones including bell, chime, gong, buzzer, warble, and barking dogs
- Multiple SIP registrations for Ring (10), Emergency Alert (10), and Page (50) extensions
- Programmable relay (dry contact) output
- Programmable relay (dry contact) input for illuminated and supervised wall button
- UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified
For More Algo 8186 Information: